Sunday, November 16, 2008

What would you be?

What do you want to be when you grow up? Everybody has at least heard that world a couple hundred times at least. That question that in elementary you have to write goals during SEOP conferences. I hate that question. I think that I want to be a policeman, but then you hear about people that have died be a policeman. Then you want to be a doctor because they make a lot of money. Then you hear about all the school you have to go through. The list goes on and on. I think a lot of people have come up with the ultimate job where you earn a lot of money and not too much school. I don’t know there is a job out there where the less schooling you have you can earn more money. I want to be a pharmacist when I want to grow up. I want to start as a pharmacy tech when I get out of high school and start to work to be a pharmacist. I like the sciency kind of jobs. I want to have good working conditions, good pay, good hours, and another list of stuff that everybody wants to have. I don’t like those career tests that tell you jobs that you would be good in. It never gives me jobs that I would like to do. It might be that I am entering in different than what I feel. I don’t like those personality tests that tell you your organization level, physical level, social level, and all those other attributes. In our biology class we went to the lab and took this two hundred question test. When I got the results it was the exact opposite of what I thought I was like. I hate to answer that question “what are you going to be when you grow up?”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't go for a job that has a lot of money associated with it. Pursue a career that you will enjoy doing. If you like what you are doing, you will never 'work' a day in your life. If you decide on a future job just for the high income, you will most likely end up dreading going to work and it will become a chore. If you enjoy what you are doing everyday, then everything else will work out. Good blog!