Sunday, November 2, 2008

Puppies

After Halloween night at 2:32AM, Daisy had her puppies. In our family, we guess, one week before the designated time of birth, the number of the puppies, the time of birth, the date, and if they are boys or girls. On Halloween morning daisy started winning and digging in blankets. This continued all day long, it was annoying and everybody was anticipating the arrival of the new addition to our family. We were all anxious for the puppies; we knew there were more than 2 puppies because we had an x-ray a couple of days before. I went to bed around midnight and had a very long day. I knew she was going have her puppies that night because she couldn’t stop moving and you could see the puppies moving around in her belly. The last time she had her puppies it was around 2 o’clock so that is what I guessed. The prize of getting the closest would get a bag of candy. I guessed 2 days earlier so I didn’t get the prize. My mom ended up getting the prize, we said that it was her influential power over daisy and told her to have them on the morning of November 1 at 2 o’clock.
My little sister stayed up all night with my parents, she was determined to see daisy birth the puppies. I personally think that it would be a blast watching that. (That was sarcastic) My sister wants to be a vet when she gets older; that is why she was totally psyched about it. At 2:43 my sister comes storming into the room, turns on the light, and screams, “she just had one puppy.” “What time?” I asked. “About ten minutes ago.” Why didn’t you come and get me sooner?” “I was watching the whole thing and didn’t want to miss it,” she said. Typical, she wouldn’t miss it for the world. I walked downstairs where I saw my dad relaxing on the far end of the couch. (He doesn’t really get a kick out of watching the dog give birth.) my mom, who also is intrigued and spends hours researching what she should do if something went wrong, was sitting next to the place where all this exciting action was taking place. We were wondering if there was going to be another puppy coming out because nothing was happening except daisy was giving the new born girl a proper licking bath. I sat down there for 5 min. before I was about to fall asleep on the floor. I went to bed and fell asleep instantly.
In the morning everybody woke up early to give there undivided attention to the, limited time only, new addition to our family. There were 2 puppies in the morning, both girls. My mom, dad, and little sister named the puppies the night before. The one who came out first is called Bones, you get it; it was right after Halloween, I thought it was kind of cheesy. The second one they named Boo, because she came out an hour after Bones, kind of like peek-a-BOO. I will try to get pictures on here. Please leave your comments.

No comments: