Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays for many reasons. First, I like it because family comes together and has a good time. This thanksgiving my grandparents from Canada are coming down. They are lucky because they get 2 thanksgiving dinners because in Canada their thanksgiving is in October. So if you love thanksgiving dinners and want to experience that warm filling dinner twice go to Canada. Second, I like it because there is so much to eat, the warm, juicy turkey, the hot, fluffy stuffing, the many varieties of salads, the mashed potatoes drenched in steaming gravy, the warm, buttery rolls. I only like turkey if I can have it first, I hate cold turkey, it is so dry, I have to eat the turkey before all the sweet juices leek out. Third, I like it because everybody realizes what they have and how much they are thankful for it, here is a list of some of the many things that I am thankful for: shelter, food, family, money, music, entertainment, gospel, clothes, a bed, trees, computers, and dogs. In my family before we eat our dinner we all say one thing that we are thankful for. I love to hear everybody comment of what they are thankful for. We have so much in this world. When my family finishes eating we all sit around and talk, I love when everybody is happy and just talk. I am really excited for my grandparents to come down they will be staying till 2009. They are the best. My grandparents have not come down for awhile and it is always fun to have them around.

No comments: