Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spanish Plays

Taking a foreign language was so much fun. I have been taking Spanish for 3 years. Each year you do a project sort of thing, for Spanish language week. First years make a poster, second years sell bomb-bombs, and third years perform the Spanish plays. Since I am third year I preformed the Spanish plays. They were a blast. We got the whole day off; out of school and everything. We could sit in Lillywhites and do absolutely nothing all day, except perform our Spanish plays. We could sit in his room and listen to our iPod’s or sleep. I was in Rumplestilskin, the king, which I didn’t even know existed till we read the plays. I wanted a different part but I got stuck with the king that says 4 lines. I talked to the person that got the part that I wanted; he said that he didn’t even want this part. I had so much fun we got to leave early for lunch, we got to go to no classes, and it was awesome. My play was about this crazy, insane, and weird freak: Rumplestilskin. He has a special talent he can spin straw to gold. That would be cool to be able to do. Well, anyways, he has a high price. He wants the Miller’s Daughter’s bracelet and necklace, he wants a third thing but she doesn’t have anything to give her. She later has a daughter and he wants the baby. She doesn’t want him to take it so she makes him a deal, saying that if she can guess his name in three days then he will leave her alone. She can’t come up with his name, she later asks the messenger to spy on him and find out his name. He does and tells her it is Rumplestilskin. And they live happily ever after, except Rumple boy. If you haven’t taken a foreign language yet, then you need to. It isn’t as fun as going to the country and experiencing it for yourself but it is a blast.

1 comment:

Panda Girl said...

haha! Yeah the Spanish plays are a blast!
So wait.... you were BOTH Rumplestilskin AND the King in Rumplestilskin?!
ha. Last year I was the evil stepmother! haha.