Sunday, January 11, 2009

Goals

Goals: a good topic to start off the New Year. I have been contemplating what goals are. I think that they are guidelines, but not just ordinary guidelines, they are things that we would like to be better at or do better at. I am sure that you have you have heard the quote “if you plan to fail, you fail to plan.” I have always liked that quote; it has helped me plan for what is to come. Lately I have written down on paper what I would like to accomplish, I have made an agenda and prioritize on what I need to do. It has helped me get done what I need to do. Goals are sometimes hard to make, but if we can accomplish them then they will better us. Some of the goals that I have set are: Get a 4.0 every term, make drum line, work out more, and be nicer to those around me. I have found some quotes on goals.

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.
---Anatole France

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.
---Epictetus

Thought is the sculptor who can create the person you want to be.
---Henry David Thoreau

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.
---John F. Kennedy

The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.
---Michelangelo

You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there.
---Yogi Berra

I hope that these quotes help you understand goals and I would hope that you will set some meaningful goals, and complete them.

No comments: