Sunday, December 14, 2008

Honesty

Honesty is one of the many values that can be worthwhile to contain. I admire people who are honest, those people who you can trust with anything. I also HATE those people that lie, cheat, and especially those people on the internet who will tell you anything that you want to know so they can get your money. I have had that happen to me twice in two months. I ordered an ipod off of the internet and waited the expected time that it should take too come. I waited, and waited, and waited, they said it would be here in 7-15 business days for it to come. I e-mailed the person and he never replied. We finally gave up waiting and trying to get a hold of the guy and filed a money back report. Our report was accepted and we got our money back. PayPal gave the money back but that guy still had the original money we had ordered with. I recently ordered another ipod and this person responded to all my emails until I asked, is it ever coming, he never responded. I wrote him and asked for a refund, he still hasn’t written me back. Why do people do that, I mean it is just mean. What if I ordered something for 1000 dollars and I couldn’t get my money back. It is just like I gave away my money to this guy with a picture on a website. The world has changed; people have grown more and more dishonest. On KSL there is an article that did a pole for high school students, it said that sixty-four percent of kids have cheated in the past year, and 93 percent of students said they are fine with their ethics and personal character. That means that ninety-three of the kids there are fine with cheating if they have. I can’t believe honesty nowadays. It is hard to find an honest person.

No comments: