Sunday, May 31, 2009

Random Last Blog

Finally, I have been waiting for this blog since the third blog. I am not the best at coming up with stuff to write about. The LAST blog for the Honors English class, YES! Well I don’t really have a topic that I am going to write about today, see I still can’t come up with something to write about. I will just warn you that this is going to be really random, I mean, REALLY random. I am watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Yes, it is Sunday night and I have procrastinated till seven o’clock to write this blog. If Thompson is reading this, I am planning on turning my fourth term paper tomorrow. I can’t wait till school is out, but I am going to miss everyone that isn’t going to Davis High. This summer I am going to be packed with stuff like EFY, marching band, scout camp, and online classes. This is going to be the best summer ever. Our family just got lagoon season passes and I am going this week for 9th grade lagoon day. I just saw a commercial for Imagine That. Eddie Murphy is in it and it is where his daughter tells him how to be a great businessman and is getting the advice from her imaginary friend. I am excited for Davis High. It is going to be a party. OH YEA!!! Marching Band is going to be a BLAST!! I am hoping to play in the pit. Yesterday I went to a Marching Day at American Fork High School. All day we learned techniques and routines that we preformed for each other. We left at 6:30 in the morning at took a bus down to the high school. When we got there we had an intro for the day and went out and stretched. I got misplaced and ended up in the drum line section. I went to the band room and joined the pit. We practiced different warm-ups for a couple hours. We went to lunch and had sack lunches with a ham and turkey sandwich with chips and a cookie. They had pieces of watermelon and bananas lying on table that you could go and grab. Following lunch, we went back into the band room and got different parts for a song that we were going to perform for the other groups. I played two toms. The song was a jazzy rock song with a really cool beat. After our group got the piece down we went outside and rehearsed the piece with the drum line. The song sounded TOTALLY AWSOME. We went out to the field and watched the brass, woodwinds, color guard, and the other drum lines do their “show and tell” that they had rehearsed in a single day. After that we went home TA-DA!!!

No comments: