Tuesday, February 3, 2009

This is a timed persuasive essay

I didn't to too well on this one as you will see after reading.
Do you like choosing classes, instead of people saying you are going to take these classes and deal with it? I don’t think it would be fair to all the students if we discarded all the fun electives just because they cost money. Some of my firm reasons are that I like these electives and have enjoyed them through the years that I have taken them. Second, I think these classes’ help you learn in a fun way. And lastly, they don’t cost too much money. I don’t think that it is a good idea eliminating elective subjects. They are fun classes.
I have liked all the electives that I have taken. The electives are a good for not just learning but it is easier to interact with other people. There are some electives that I don’t like, but there are other kids that like those classes, it wouldn’t be fair if we just took out the ones I didn’t like. Maybe we could make the students pay a small fee to be in the class, which would help the funding and cost.
The electives that are at my school are important because they help me learn not just science or math; they teach you a variety of important skill. What if somebody wanted to be an artist when they grew up or a trumpet player; that could never happen if we threw away all the electives? I have learned so much in my band class and would never be able to perfect my talents in band if they were abolished from the schools classes.
The electives give me something to do besides solve endless math problems, or study about cells. Even though these classes take up a portion of the schools budget, they are fun and worthwhile. You can always find different ways of funding the classes, or you could even cut back on what you buy in the classes. There are always ways to help with finance.
DO NOT eliminate the electives; it is not a good idea. All the kids will hate you if you do, cut back in different areas to have enough money to fund all of the elective classes. I would never want to see the electives leave the class list. They all provide some way of learning that math, science, and other standard classes teach. Keep these things in mind as you decide whether to keep the classes of not, don’t focus on just the money, which has nothing to do with the next generation’s education.

No comments: